How it Works: The Process
- Arrange a rental market appraisal >
- Appoint Henry Wiltshire as your agent >
- Decide which level of service you require >
As your agent, Henry Wiltshire will then:
- Market the property
- Agree an offer between you and the prospective tenant
- Arrange referencing
- Arrange necessary administration (e.g. the tenancy agreement)
- Arrange inventory and check-in
- Arrange payments from tenant
- Protect tenant’s deposit
If you have selected the Fully Managed package for your property your Henry Wiltshire agent will do the following, if not, you will need to arrange directly yourself:
- Make good any damages or arrange repairs
- Arrange full professional cleaning of the property
- Arrange gas and electrical certificates
- Arrange an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate)
As a landlord you are subject to some legal obligations before your property can be let. Henry Wiltshire would be happy to advise and assist you with these requirements.
- Notify mortgage and insurance providers.
- Arrange payment of your ground rent and service charges.
- Comply with safety regulations – gas certificate, electrical inspections/certificates, furniture and fire regulations and smoke alarms.
- Obtain an Energy Performance Certificate.
- Set up a deposit protection account.
- Letting Only – 9.6% inc VAT
- Letting and Property Management – 15.6% inc VAT
- Premium Letting & Property Management– 18% inc VAT
- Short Let (including Property Management) – 24% inc VAT
- Property Management only – 7.2% inc VAT
- Letting Only -12% inc VAT
- Letting & Property Management – 18% inc VAT
- Premium Letting & Property Management – 20.4% inc VAT
- Short Let (including Property Management) – 26.4% inc VAT
- Property Management – 7.2% inc VAT
- Tenancy Agreement Fees – £360 inc AVT
- Deposit Registration – £96 inc VAT
- Referencing – £48 per tenant inc VAT
- £48 per guarantor inc VAT (if applicable)
- Inventory costs (check in/out) – £370 inc VAT