What happens when you’ve found a property?
- Make an offer
- Offer accepted
- Appoint a solicitor
- Inform your mortgage provider
- Memorandum of Sale is issued by your agent outlining the agreed sale price, solicitors’ details and any special conditions.
- Survey and valuation on the property – choose whether you want a homebuyer’s survey which addresses more basic aspects of the property or a more in-depth structural building survey. Your agent can advise you on this. Structural surveys will be more expensive.
- Solicitor conducts local authority searches and any other factors that may affect the property.
- Exchange contracts and pay deposit – your solicitor will take charge of this process. Once you exchange you are legally bound to buy the property. If you withdraw the vendor is entitled to keep your deposit.
- Completion – this is a mutually convenient date to be decided upon by you and the vendor.
- Move in – congratulations on your new home!
Need help finding your ideal property? Try our Finding Service
Finding your ideal home is a time-consuming business. By retaining one of our agents to search and negotiate on your behalf we do all the legwork, acting exclusively for you and not the vendor. Our search agents are privy to early instructions and off-market properties giving you exclusive access to a range of homes not available to others. They’ll sit with you to ensure they fully understand your needs and then get to work. Fees apply.