Job Location: Bow
To provide an efficient, welcoming and helpful reception and switchboard presence at the front desk.
You are managed by the Branch Manager.
It is the responsibility of each team member to maintain close liaison with all other staff as well as helpful and constructive working relationships with community members and the general public.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Greet all visitors and ensure appropriate registers completed.
- Access data, and input internal bookings, on the Qube Venue Management system.
- Input all bookings on the Qube Venue Management system in the absence of the Operations Co-ordinator and Managers.
- Direct visitors to rooms or contact staff to meet them.
- Assist all building users, answering basic enquiries and referring to colleagues as necessary.
- Receive, check and process deliveries.
- To handle incoming mail as directed.
- Maintain a tidy and organised Reception Desk, ensuring that all reference materials are up to date.
- Prioritise tasks given by senior staff members.
- Answer all calls promptly and transfer to the appropriate staff member.
- Take and pass on any messages promptly and accurately.
- Maintain and distribute accurate and up-to- date Staff Extensions list.
- Perform administrative tasks as requested, including mailings.
- Familiarise yourself with the staff handbook and policies.
- Replenish and organise sales, letting and marketing material.
- Replenish office supplies.
This job description reflects the current situation. It does not preclude any development or change that might be required in the future.
- Control admission to the building between the following hours:
9-6 Mon – Fri and alternate Saturdays 10-4
- Maintain secure control of and manage authorised access to internal door keys.
- Maintain visitor and staff entry and exit logs.
- Assist in producing and circulating the Security Rota.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to respond confidently and positively to difficult situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of Windows: Word and Excel.
- General knowledge of Henry Wiltshire International.
- Good interpersonal skills – enjoys working with people.
- Ability to sustain interest in routine tasks.
- Pleasant, positive attitude, professional telephone manner and smart appearance.
- Ordered, methodical and tidy.
- Willing to learn.
- Willingness to work hard and consistently, both independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply
Please email your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org